Camp NaNoWriMo Day 22!
After working for years in a library, I’m no longer surprised by how much damage a library book can rack up. I’ve seen it all – melted gummy bears, pages that became a puppy chew toy, a soft taco used as a bookmark. But the life of a book doesn’t have to be over once the volume is damaged.
Things you can do with a ripped-up book:
- Use the pages to make some origami roses. Who knows, they could even become centerpieces at the next book-themed wedding!
- Try your hand at some DIY paper mache. You know you’ve always wanted to try.
- Shred it up and use it in lieu of tissues paper in gift bags for all your book nerd friends.
- Make one of those fanned-out book pumpkins you see online. Really not as hard as they look, and hey, this Halloween your jack-o’-lantern could last forever.
- Or, if you’re like me, use the random torn pages for some pretty photo ops!
With more time spent at home over the past few months, I’m trying to find ways to stay creative. Any unusual uses for book pages that I’ve missed?
Found you in the wind The moment after floating... Sentences set free